Just a quick snapshot tutorial of the activation process for the Date Exclusion WordPress Plugin
- Download and unzip the plugin: http://www.dailyblogtips.com/date-exclusion-wordpress-plugin
- Upload the date-exclusion.php file to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Login to your WordPress control panel
- Go to “Plugins” and then “Edit Plugins” and click on the “Date Exclusion” plugin file – see snapshot
- Scroll down to “Default Settings” and change $exclude_date = ‘no’; to ‘yes’;
- Click the “Plugins” tab again, and click “Activate” next to the Date Exclusion plugin
This is probably the first plugin I grab when starting a new blog. I’m hopeful it will include the ability to exclude time and dates from the homepage as well as multiple post pages in the near future, but until then, I’m enjoying the benefits of being able to remove the timestamp from single post pages, archives, etc.