I am frequently asked what products and services I use for blogging. Well, here’s my list of blogging essentials.
Essentials I can’t live without:
Aweber: A newsletter and email list manager that I have used successfully for years. I’ve tried several, and always come back to Aweber.
Market Samurai An extremely thorough keyword research tool I use for serious, in-depth keyword research. This one really is a must for any internet marketer that will be implementing an SEO plan. Not only for SEO, but I also use this to get an understanding of what my demographic is searching for and what they really want.
PR Reach: Years ago, when I was starting out, I would send out press releases in the hopes of gaining traffic. Well, it worked- I was picked up on national morning shows, talk shows, radio, news channels… I went from a few thousand readers, to millions practically overnight. I still recommend using traditional media to pursue traffic and now I LOVE PR Reach- they are next-gen press release distribution and an absolute MUST!
Search Engine Optimization Resources
Recommended Domain Registration & Hosting:
- Blue Host: Set Up a WordPress Blog in 15 Minutes
Website Design/Development and Services
- The Webmaster Company: Web Design, Web Development/Coding, and Webmaster services
Make Money with Amazon
- BlueHost – Great host with competitive hosting packages and GREAT WordPress support.
- I also love Brain Host. Excellent hosting features and customer support is top notch.
- For those who need their own server, I love Wired Tree for their above and beyond tech savvy staff and stellar customer support.
- Sucuri – website security
- WordPress SEO – search engine optimization plugin
- Scribe – SEO writing plugin
- SEM Rush – SEO keyword research & analytics software
- Gravity Forms – WordPress form creation plugin
- ConvertKit – email autoresponder & newsletter service
- Google Apps – email, documents, backups, & more
- Dropbox – document management, sharing, & backups
- WP 101 – WordPress training videos
- Authority – online marketing course from Copyblogger.com
- Evernote – desktop & mobile app to manage blog post ideas
- Thesis Theme. A professionally designed WordPress theme with countless configuration options.
- Citrus – another fresh WordPress theme with some great features.
- Woo Themes – a talented team of designers with some excellent themes of different styles.
- StudioPress – WordPress framework & themes
- SEO Book – learn how to optimize your blog for search engines – a fantastic SEO training program and community site.
- Essential Books for Bloggers – a list of books that I and others have recommended for bloggers.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog
- WPBeginner – a resource for new WordPress users.
- AdSense – Googles Ad network – one of the most used monetization strategies for bloggers.
- Chitika – one of my highest earners, a widget type ad that converts well on product related sites.
- WidgetBucks – another popular widget type ad.
- Shopzilla – yet another great widget based ad network
- ShoppingAds – draws ads in from eBay.
- Amazon Associates – make money recommending products from the biggest online store.
- Pepperjam – an affiliate network with a growing list of products to recommend.
- BidVertiser – another ad network popular with many bloggers.
Random Blog Tools
- Feedburner – a great tool for managing your RSS feeds
- Get Response – another newsletter/autoresponder service that many bloggers use and recommend – very reliable with some great features.
- Google Analytics – a great free metrics/statistics program