I am frequently asked what products and services I use for blogging. Well, here’s my list of blogging essentials.
Essentials I can’t live without:
Aweber: A newsletter and email list manager that I have used successfully for years. I’ve tried several, and always come back to Aweber.
KnowEm.com Social Marketing made easy. One stop shop to see if/where your name is taken across hundreds of social media sites and they offer great services for setting up all of your social profiles at once.
Market Samurai An extremely thorough keyword research tool I use for serious, in-depth keyword research. This one really is a must for any internet marketer that will be implementing an SEO plan. Not only for SEO, but I also use this to get an understanding of what my demographic is searching for and what they really want.
PR Reach: Years ago, when I was starting out, I would send out press releases in the hopes of gaining traffic. Well, it worked- I was picked up on national morning shows, talk shows, radio, news channels… I went from a few thousand readers, to millions practically overnight. I still recommend using traditional media to pursue traffic and now I LOVE PR Reach- they are next-gen press release distribution and an absolute MUST!
Search Engine Optimization Resources
Recommended Domain Registration & Hosting:
- Blue Host: Set Up a WordPress Blog in 15 Minutes
Website Design/Development and Services
- The Webmaster Company: Web Design, Web Development/Coding, and Webmaster services
- BlueHost – Great host with competitive hosting packages and GREAT WordPress support.
- For those who need their own server, I love Wired Tree for their above and beyond tech savvy staff and stellar customer support.
- Sucuri – website security
- WordPress SEO – search engine optimization plugin
- Scribe – SEO writing plugin
- SEM Rush – SEO keyword research & analytics software
- Gravity Forms – WordPress form creation plugin
- ConvertKit – email autoresponder & newsletter service
- Google Apps – email, documents, backups, & more
- Dropbox – document management, sharing, & backups
- WP 101 – WordPress training videos
- Authority – online marketing course from Copyblogger.com
- Evernote – desktop & mobile app to manage blog post ideas
- Thesis Theme. A professionally designed WordPress theme with countless configuration options.
- Citrus – another fresh WordPress theme with some great features.
- Woo Themes – a talented team of designers with some excellent themes of different styles.
- StudioPress – WordPress framework & themes
- SEO Book – learn how to optimize your blog for search engines – a fantastic SEO training program and community site.
- Essential Books for Bloggers – a list of books that I and others have recommended for bloggers.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog
- WPBeginner – a resource for new WordPress users.
- AdSense – Googles Ad network – one of the most used monetization strategies for bloggers.
- Chitika – one of my highest earners, a widget type ad that converts well on product related sites.
- WidgetBucks – another popular widget type ad.
- Shopzilla – yet another great widget based ad network
- ShoppingAds – draws ads in from eBay.
- Amazon Associates – make money recommending products from the biggest online store.
- Pepperjam – an affiliate network with a growing list of products to recommend.
- BidVertiser – another ad network popular with many bloggers.
Random Blog Tools
- Feedburner – a great tool for managing your RSS feeds
- Get Response – another newsletter/autoresponder service that many bloggers use and recommend – very reliable with some great features.
- Google Analytics – a great free metrics/statistics program